The University is pleased to be hosting the British Sociological Association’s Annual Conference 2019 from Tuesday 23rd April to Friday 26th April 2019.
During this time, there will be limited access to the ground floor of the Saltire Centre for staff and students. The computers and the library service desk on this floor will still be in use over the course of the four days, however, the café and study space will not be available.
To minimise inconvenience for our students, alternative quiet study spaces will be provided in the Hamish Wood and William Harley buildings from 9am to 5pm throughout the week:
- Rooms W819 and W829 in the Hamish Wood building
- Rooms M232 and M402 in the George Moore building
While the café in the Saltire Centre will be closed, all other catering outlets on campus will be open:
- Grab N Go (George Moore) will be open until 7.30pm
- George Moore Restaurant will be open from 7.45am
- Coffee Cart will be open in the Saltire Centre Mezzanine from 10am to 4pm
- Re:Union Bar & Grill will open at the earlier time of 8am to 4pm
The ground floor will fully reopen to staff and students as usual on Saturday 27th April.