Feb 06 2009
Within this section the framework has used SCONUL’s Seven headline skills from the Seven Pillars Model for Information Literacy as this is the model used within this sector as demonstrated by the examples in the appendices D and E. For assessment purposes the levels within this section equate with SCQF levels 8 to 12.
The skills within this section include recognising a need for information, distinguishing ways in which the information ‘gap’ may be addressed, constructing strategies for locating information, locate and access information, compare and evaluate information obtained from different sources, synthesise and build upon existing information, contributing to the creation of new knowledge.
- HE case studies / exemplars of good practice
- Assessment level SCQF Level 9 / SHE level 3, Ordinary degrees
- Assessment Level SCQF Level 10 / SHE level 4, Honours degrees
- Assessment Level SCQF Level 11 / SHE level 5, PG 1, PG Dip, PG Cert, MA, MSc, SVQ5
- Assessment Level SCQF Level 12 / SHE level 5, PG 2, Ph.D. – Doctorate