Hopefully you will have heard from admissions about your offer for a place on the programme. When you are sent an unconditional offer please accept asap. This triggers the registration process and you are sent an email to register. This way you get lots of information and attached to the GCUlearn sites. This is the virtual learning environment that holds the module resources so good to access this asap for the module and navigate your way around. The library is a key place to get started on your postgraduate study and familiarise yourself with educational literature both in the form of textbooks and online educational journals.
Sign up for a Library tour Monday to Friday, 16th – 27th Sept.
First tour at 10am, then on the hour, until the last tour at 4pm. Tours last only 45 minutes. You will be able to:
- find the resources you need for your course
- get started using our huge online library of ebooks and journal articles
- borrow books and laptops and renew your loans
- get help from the library staff
- find the best study space for your needs
We encourage you to come along and get the best start for your studies.
Download the GCU 2019 induction app or book directly on Eventbrite.
As you know we welcome comments from current students.
“I have found the course very beneficial, it has made me think and challange how we educate not just students but qualified staff and I have changed my approaches significantly. I am now more aware of student outcomes and ask before an education session what they want to achieve and alter my teaching accordingly. The work load is heavy but worth it and specific time needs to be set aside to ensure all is completed”.
physiotherapist and student teacher
hot off the press, here is the induction timetable. I look forward to seeing you all soon. Best wishes Helen
SCHOOL OF HEALTH AND LIFE SCIENCES
NCH INDUCTION DAY: POSTGRADUATE NURSING PROGRAMMES
Date: 18th September 2019
Time: 0900 – 16:00
||Introduction to GCU, School of Health and Life Sciences and postgraduate programme suite
|Dr Karen Roome
||What is Postgraduate Study?
||Introduction to the Learning Development Centre
||Getting to know your programme
PgD advanced practice district nursing
PgD Health visiting
PgC Education Academic and Practice Settings
ROOM: W201 ROOM A423
Just a reminder of what you need to send to admissions with/soon after you send the completed application form
- One academic and one professional reference (on headed notepaper and signed)
- Copies of academic and professional qualifications such as degree/honours qualifications and any masters modules you have completed
- Your statement of entry that indicates current registration
- A completed honours level equivalency if you do not hold an honours degree or M level modules (I will attach guidance if required)
- Your personal statement supporting application for this particular programme (so your teaching as a professional and why this programme will enhance your professional practice)
For those of you who are nurses you require to submit this as part of your evidence to access the programme. Rather than copy the information into a word doc we need the original.
- To do this go to the NMC home page, enter PIN and full name and click ‘search’. Now click on ‘view details’ to access the formal NMC print out. Select download PDF and then save this to desktop of whatever. Now email admissions with the PDF. This only takes 5 minutes.
I hope this helps Helen