**This issue has been resolved. GCU users are no longer required to register individually to view Broadcast articles. Full access is available via the Library’s Discover search and Journal Browse services.** Continue reading
Please be aware that we are currently experiencing difficulty linking to Nursing Times from the Library’s Journal browse. This is currently being investigated by our vendor; in the meantime, we have a simple workaround. Continue reading
Until September 2019, the British Psychological Society will cover 100% of open access fees for articles accepted for publication in their 11 journals:
- British Journal of Clinical Psychology
- British Journal of Developmental Psychology
- British Journal of Educational Psychology
- British Journal of Health Psychology
- British Journal of Social Psychology
- British Journal of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology
- British Journal of Psychology
- Journal of Neuropsychology
- Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology
- Legal and Criminological Psychology
- Psychology and Psychotherapy: Theory, Research and Practice
Please be advised that Web of Science (WoS) is undergoing scheduled maintenance from 1.00 pm on Saturday 21 April until 1.00 am on Sunday 22 April.
Access to the service may be intermittent during this time. Clarivate Analytics apologise for any inconvenience as a result.
During the maintenance period there will also be an upgrade of WoS. A summary of the new features can be found at the following:
As ever, please feel free to contact your librarian for assistance in making the best possible use of WoS and the Library’s range of electronic resources.
Whether you are looking for last week’s stories on the “Beast from the East” or how suffragettes were portrayed by contemporary British cartoonists we’ve got you covered.
LexisLibrary gives you access to nearly 700 current UK newspapers from 1982 to present. You can search across all the titles, or select a range of titles or a specific newspaper. For example you can compare the differences in coverage of a story between tabloid newspapers and broadsheets. Continue reading
We have a short video to show you how to create a list of favourite resources on Discover – every time you log in find your most used books, journals and databases waiting for you. A captioned version is available here.
Interested in what’s going on in the business world?
Why not explore the FT.Com database. Not only can you read the daily Financial Times paper (including North American, Middle East and Asian editions) but you can explore the rich content of the full FT. COM database – including business sector reports, market data, analyst comment and up to date news and views.
The FT database is searchable, enabling you to integrate FT content into your research, it also a fantastic resource for that all important future job interview when you need some background information on a company or sector. For first time access and you must initially register using your university email address at: FT.COM
Hi, I’m Marion Kelt and I’m the Copyright Advisor at GCU. Over the last year I’ve noticed a rise in the number and types of copyright enquiry. In one way, I’m glad to see this as most of us have a general fear of copyright and licensing issues. They are the elephant in the room, we all know it is there, but nobody wants to admit it exists!
Our team developed an online copyright advisor to help staff and students to quickly answer the most frequently asked questions on commonly used resources. It is available 24-7 to help you with the more straightforward copyright questions. It answers FAQs on seven types of resource: Continue reading
We are happy to announce that the library recently added Stash Media to our collection of eresources.
Stash is an online video library featuring animation, VFX and motion design. Stash is published six times per year, each issues includes:
– TV and cinema advertising
– Title and broadcast designs
– Music videos
– Brand films
– Game trailers and cinematics
– Short films
– Behind the scenes features
– Exclusive interviews
The resource also includes Stash News – up to date news on the projects, people, events and jobs powering the motion design, visual effects and animation industry.
BrowZine is a new online resource that enables you to easily browse, read and monitor current journal content either online or on your mobile device. BrowZine brings together titles in our journal collection with open access titles for a complete browsing experience.
With BrowZine, you can:
• Browse and read journals: Browse thousands of top journals by subject, easily review tables of contents, and download full articles.
• Stay Current with My Bookshelf: Create a personal bookshelf of titles to follow and receive new article notifications.
• Access on any device: Easily access BrowZine from your iOS and Android device and on the web to stay up to date wherever you are.
• Save and export articles: Use the BrowZine app to save articles for off-line reading or export to services such as RefWorks, EndNote and more.
Get started today! To find out more about how to use BrowZine, including how to download the mobile app, please visit the library website.